Wednesday, August 26, 2009

To Need or To Want

Dust off an old one...

To need or to want
Do not debate me
I said I needed you
You said you should be wanted

To need someone
Is to inherently want her
To want someone
Does not mean you need him

I need air to breathe
I need water to drink
I need what makes me live
I wanted what I needed

You wanted a new home
You wanted a new cause
You wanted a new persona
You wanted what you did not need

When you lectured me
Saying you shouldn’t be needed
But that you should be wanted
I knew I no longer needed you

Now
Answer me this
Do you still need what you want?
Or have you realized you want what you need?

2 comments:

Analee said...

"did you read my po-em?" (he said poem with two syllables.)
"well i read it but i just didn't get it. it didn't grab me."
"you didn't comment."
"i need to read it again. will you explain it?"
...
"oh. now i get it. that makes sense."
"yea. no, i didn't write it for you. this is an OLD one."

Analee said...

he continued..."no that wasn't for you. i love you. that was a mean poem!"