Monday, August 24, 2009

Heaven and Earth


Come with me
I've seen where Heaven and Earth collide
Step lively
For the sun is hovering low

We walk a trail only I have tread
But each step is new
God willing
The view will not

I hear only my footsteps
I stop
Turning, hoping to see you following
You're not
Then I remember you're already there

I only see my shadow
Which is longer than my soul

Head down
I climb on
Short of breath
Almost at my end
Yet, pleased

There
In the distance
Heaven and Earth as one

And you
In the foreground
Expecting
Holding our son
Waiting for me to come back to you

Is it hope?
Is it pain?
I fear in the waning light
They may both be the same

3 comments:

Analee said...

you must be holding holly.

and if i was in front of you, it must be a loop trail that i went backwards and you went forward. because there is no way i could ever pass you. you are too fast.

lol.

very nice. very dreamy.
paired well with the chaco picture.

lets go. can we go RIGHT NOW???

Analee said...

and funny i didn't hear you typing at 4:09 am since holly was waking at 4:00. you must have had on your silent typers!

Doc said...

If you want me to comment on your post, I will, however, I like it when people have their own interpretations of whatever I write.

That being said, the idea all came from a series of dreams I had, with this poem being the last dream. I tried to write the poem on Saturday when you were out with Andrea, but I was only able to finish the poem after sleeping on it Sunday night.

Some might consider my dreams very macabre or morbid, but they give me great hope of our future. Long lives indeed.