Friday, August 6, 2010

Dinner for Six

Many moons ago, I remember the fad of the five people, alive or dead, you would invite to dinner.  After almost 35 years, a clear and definitive list has presented itself to me.  I am ready to let go and live the life that my bones yearn to live.  A life unencumbered.

"Fear of death increases in exact proportion to increase in wealth." - Ernest Hemingway

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts... perhaps the fear of a loss of power." - John Steinbeck

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." - Psalm 23:4 - God

“Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future.” - Fulton Oursler

"O you youths, western youths,
So impatient, full of action, full of manly pride and friendship,
Plain I see you, western youths, see you tramping with the foremost,
Pioneers! O pioneers!" - Walt Whitman

I wonder what the topic of conversation would entail?  Once the vision clears in my own mind, you shall know, too.

2 comments:

Mrs. B said...

Interesting.

I like the quotes.

Analee said...

you are so dramatic. ;)

and, actually david wrote psalms 23. david was a shepherd. isn't it the best?