Friday, March 12, 2010

Friends of the Smokies

Those who know Analee and I are aware that we are both environmentally minded.  Whether it be from career choice, recreation, recycling, etc.  We both love the outdoors in all its glorious venues.

We even support the North Carolina Coastal Federation by purchasing a special license plate, which leads me randomly to an interesting observation I made the other day.


Where I work is not the best neighborhood in town.  It's near the interstate with lots of seedy hotels nearby and a very well visited ABC store.  During my walks and drives home (I see no one on my drive to work), I have noticed an inordinate amount of this license plate around:



Now, I am not judging, but based on the drivers persona's, I have NEVER seen any of these individuals (from a subset of a subset) at a County, State or Federal Park.  Which got me thinking, why do they have this personalized plate? Then it came to me...


The plate should be renamed "Friends of the Munchies."

2 comments:

Analee said...

lol. how about porkchop? what does he have?

Jon said...

Funny you noticed. I've noticed it too.

It's a Blood Gang identifier. Also states that person knows where to score drugs...driver doesn't have them but knows where they are.